Friday, February 27, 2009

Week of 2/26/2009

It’s been crazy and busy lately. I thought as my grandmother got stronger I wouldn’t be needed as much but that seems to not be the case. I am down there pretty much everyday, all day. I am exhausted! However, I have found time to take some cool pictures, figure out what I am going to grow in the garden, run some and even do some wood work. My dad is going to teach me how to do some edge detailing this weekend I hope. – Pictures soon to come.

Photographs
I drove around one day through the Rock Island area. I was just driving. Going down roads I’ve never been, stopping to get out and look around. I ended up in some neat places along the water. This picture here was taken on the way to Horseshoe Bend. I had never been there before. I’ve heard of it throughout the years, but never actually been there. It is gorgeous! I took off last Monday to take some more pictures but I have not gotten them developed yet. I will post some when I get them. I do have a few ideas for the book/calendar collection… still working on it though

The Garden
Really the only thing that I have figured out thus far is what I am going to be planting… Here is a list of what I am going to grow:
Onions (red and white)
Zucchini
Squash
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Corn
Green Beans
Okra
Red and Green Peppers

My dad got me some onions to plant because apparently they are to be planted in cooler weather… If it’s not raining we are supposed to work on that this weekend too.
If I get good at this ya’ll will have to come to the Farmer’s Market and buy some of my veggies. Ha ha ha

Running
I ran several times this past week. I had a really good run last week. I did some interval training to try and get a little faster. It was a great workout…. I am still recovering.
I registered for the lotide run in North Carolina!! - Carolina Beach here I come!

http://www.lotiderun.org/


I am unable to run the race in Chattanooga on the 28th but I am going to try and find another one to run in March to make up for it.

The Cancer 3 Day walk isn’t panning out. You have to raise an insane amount of money to even be eligible and if you don’t raise the set amount you have to pay the difference and will be unable to participate. No one really liked that idea. I have come across a 2 day walk that is put on my Avon. I haven’t done the research yet but it’s on my list to do this week. Hopefully that will work out because I really want to do something like that this year.

No comments: