Saturday, January 24, 2009

The List, Week Ending 1/24/09






I had such a busy week...


I started working on the list hard core Monday morning. I went to my friend Natasha yesterday and had her add pink highlights to my hair. I love it. What do you think? I can now cross that item off "the list"


The Friday Night Book Club finished its first book Confessions of a Shopaholic. Hilarious book and we will have a "book club field trip" to see the movie when it comes out. ha ha

We had dinner at TGI Fridays and drank beer and margaritas. Its turned into more of a therapy session than a book club. My mom being the Therapist. Its fun though, she teaches us lots we need to know and lots we didn't know. The books are out core reason for meeting but the chit chatting is the icing on the cake. We learned about.. well I'm not sure that should be posted on here. I will just say women had to do some very interesting things in there time and our generation has it so easy!

We are starting Firefly Lane this week. There is to be a new member, Lindsay Strickland, joining us this coming Friday evening. Everyone is very excited that she is going to be a part of our Friday Night Book Club.


*pictures of The Friday Night Book Club soon to come


I started my running program that will help me run in at least 10 races this year. Week total of miles ran is 3. So only 197 more to go to reach my goal.

I did some research on some races in the coming months.

Here are a few races I plan on running in.


Feb 21 Tree City 5K- McMinnville, TN

March 15 Lotide Run (5K or 10K) - Carolina Beach, NC

April TBD Dibrell 5K - McMinnville, TN

June 7 Lions club 5K - Smyrna, TN

June 14 Riverbend Run 5K - Chattanooga, TN

August 9 Cherokee Running Bare 5K - Crossville, TN

Sept 27 Greenway 5K - McMinnville, TN

Oct 11 Murfreesboro 1/2 Marathon - Murfreesboro, TN

Oct 18 Run Away Pig Race 3.6 mile run - Dunlap, TN

Nov 9 Jingle Bell Run 5K - Chattanooga, TN


This of course are just tentative except ones that are in bold

I may find better or different ones in the future.



Wood Working! As part of my Participation in a Craft Fair, I have decided to make some things along with selling my photographs. My dad and I had a teaching session this morning. He showed me how to use a radial arm saw, hand saw and table saw. We talked types of wood and what and what could not be run through the sander. (there was a more technical term for that but I forget).
This will also help me when it comes time to make my chair.
Also, I am currently organizing a group to participate in the Cancer 3 day Walk in Atlanta on October 23. If anyone wants to be a part of our team just let me know. Email me at karriehillis@gmail.com It should be a fun time and help support a great cause.
That is it so far. I will have another update next week.





No comments: